Friday, September 22, 2006

Shopping Trip for the Research Paper of Fashion Consumer Behavior Class


Just try to have a real live shopping experience in a local intimate apparel company for my research paper. Let's share...

Date: 22 Sept, 2006
Time: Around 1:00pm
Store: Triumph
Location: Shop 105, 1F, Pioneer Centre 750 Nathan Rd. Mongkok, Kowloon 101/ Hong Kong


During the break between the yoga classes around 9:45am today, I was flipping through the Chinese magazines to kill time in the Myoga Studio. I found an interesting Ad about Fruit Beauty, a new lingerie collection from Sloggie, German Intimate Apparel Company. At the top of Ad stated that they were the number one selling brand in Europe and America. It was a comfort-oriented, young and causal line.

At the middle part, Gladys (I have never heard of this new Artist in Hong Kong), said she liked the brand very much and shopped in their counter as soon as it was released...

At the button, it stated that 10% off to those who buy more than HK$400.00 and other discount.


After buying the technical rule in Prince Edward at 12:00nn, I walked in the Allied Plaza, where most of the stores were not open. Eventually, I crossed the road to the opposite Pioneer Centre. Checking out Private Shop (Shop 109), Embry Form (Shop 108), BONLUXE (Shop107), Petit Bijoux (Wacoal Shop) (Shop 106) & Triumph Boutique (Shop105)... I saw that Sloggie in Triumph was the most attractive collection to me and thought that I might need a new everyday Bra for replacement.

Emily, the saleslady greeted me when I first entered the store. Browsing around, touching the fabrics and comparing the styles... I was not sure about my current size after the dramatic weight loss couple months ago. Asking Emily to provide a bra fitting service would help me to find a right bra. Then, I told her which bras I would like to try on and she did give me a few recommended styles.

About 20 mins fitting period, Emily had solved my the strap adjustment concern, breathability of the fabric and the contouring effect... I was satisfied with my choice of bra (HK$250.00) with a matching brief (HK$85.00).

Before checking out, Emily suggested that I should look for another item that was HK$65.00 or above in order to receive a 10% off. I was pleased because she helped me to save money for the new item. Therefore, she showed me items that were HK$65.00 and surely I got another brief for backup.

At the end, Emily shared tips of washing bra and not to put mothball (樟腦丸) to bra draw because the elastics strap would be oxidized by the mothball according to the research. Plus, she handed me my new client reward program card and explained the discount scheme in brief...


Overall, I am very happy with this shopping experience. Very quick buying decision is made without hard sell feeling and pressure… the saleslady is friendly and helpful. My budget of the shopping trip is limited as I am a full time student now. I will check out their new collection if available and shop there again as needed.
.


* Worst
* * * Fair
* * * * * Excellent

Product * * * *
Price * * *
Location * * * *
Promotion * * * *
Sales Service * * * *

Lastly, the reason why I did not buy my lingerie in other stores was because the list as below.

Private Shop
Nice Design Product, friendly saleslady, but too expensive (HK$200.00-800.00)

Embry Form
Price is reasonable according to the quality, slightly different than my style and

BONLUXE
Seems to not fit into my age group, price range and personal need.

Petit Bijoux (Wacoal Shop)
Very Japanese Style Bra… lot of contouring and padding... price is fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woh, i got the gold tracking card also in triumph! I bought few months ago ..... at first, i juz expect myself to spend around $300,but .... after looking around ....... i've spend $1200 in triumph! the style is good and especailly for the sloggi line, the panties are extremely comfortable and with smooth surface and nice shape!


LIsa