Wednesday, July 06, 2005

4 More Days

4 more days... I will turn from 23 to 24. Can't believe that the time flies so fast. My memories of my 23rd Birthday become a blur like these...



July 9. 2004. It was Friday and a night before my Birthday. Maybe I had a day off that day. Simmy, Howard and a few more friends had a Birthday Party for me in caregroup house. The Birthday Cake was tasty. The gifts were nice and thoughtful. Simmy, Howard & Jay gave me a deep red handbag (Many of you might saw that in the pictures because I carry it around.) Chikano gave me a set of CDs.



July 10, 2004. It was a long day. I was waiting for Rahul’s dinner. He said that he would come early. I was not very patient because I wanted to see him badly. It ended up he brought cold food and cake from the supermarket around 4: 00pm. Later, I met Dhiraj, his friends from Chico, CA for the first time. We went to Wal-Mart in Renton. They bought me a DVD player as a birthday gifts. I was so excited for my first DVD player and spent almost every night watching movies.  After that, three of us went to the Chinese restaurant and had a dinner. Dhiraj did not like the Chinese as much as Rahul did. I thought he was a picky eater who enjoyed Red Wine.



Honestly, 2004 was a rough year for me. I had experienced ups and downs, separation, relocation… it is one of the unforgettable years. Well, I am pleased at what I am now and enjoy every moment that I am living in. Not because I have a steady job with a decent amount of money that I could spend, not because my parents are living with me, nor my youth... Might be I am still alone and have a freedom to do whatever I like.



Thanks to the people who have lifted me up through those harsh days or people that have given me a hard time that made me grow. I love you both.

No comments: