Friday, July 08, 2005

Sreeraj... I miss you!

Sreeraj... my beloved Hamster, a kind one, a lovely one, a quite one... I miss you. Although you are longer living in my bedroom, your spirit will always be with me.



Everything started from here... Rahul was my first Hamster ever. He was lonely and might want to have a friend. Therefore, I asked my Kent Mok, my friend from WHPHC to give me another at June 12 (Sun) because he had plenty of them.



At the first day, the sizes of Rahul and Sreeraj were similar. Rahul was little longer and Sreeraj was smaller. They seemed to get along well. They played all night with the wheel.



Unfortunately, Rahul was getting fat and Sreeraj did not grow as much. As Rahul lived in my home a weeklonger and Sreeraj might think that he was a guest still. Therefore, I separated them last night. I left Rahul in a Blue Ball and Sreeraj in the cage.



6: 40 am, July 7 (Thur)... It was a rainy morning. I woke up exceptional early. Don't know why... I checked the cage and found Sreeraj's body. He went to Father's hand... I touch his little cold body and he was holding the floor really tight.



Did I treat him badly? Why he was gone so fast and I did not even have much time to play with him? Did Rahul hit him during the day? Did I feed him less... I felt like I was not a good caretaker.



Sad... I placed him in a newspaper with a rubber band and put him in the Garden near my home. The rain was still there...



Sreeraj, I will always remember you. Go to heaven in peace and may you have a better place to live happy ever.

1 comment:

Eva said...

Candy:

I'm really sorry about Sreeraj. Look on the bright side, he's in hamster heaven and player with my Oscar now =)
I don't think you're a bad caretaker. Some hamster don't get along when they reach adult age, and some of them just got sick. They're fragile little creatures.
My Oscar will take care of Sreeraj from now on, no worry >.o
~~Eva