Friday, July 08, 2005

Woke up late... but found something cool

I woke up at 8:00am this morning. It was late!! I just put the make up on and rush to leave home. Picking up a JESSCIA from the Circle K, I flipped through the pages in the bus. The subject of this issue was about “We Love Hong Kong”. Several interviews with celebrities, business people, politicians, and chef… were reported in the sections. They talked about the incoming Disneyland, Hong Kong Culture, Real Estate, Food, Politics and Arts. It was a positive review and a simple reminder for me that “It is Cool to live in Hong Kong, a busy over crowed International city”. Well, I have been living in Hong Kong for ten months. There were a few moments of culture shocks, homesick (I miss Seattle honestly!), misunderstandings, miscommunications and overloads thinking… Luckily, Chun Chun, Carol, Alvin, Ada, Wab Wab and many of friends are standing next to me. I am not alone. Thank you!

1 comment:

fong said...

all it interviewees were those never lived in poverty or unemployed/ underemployed.

how about others voice?teenagers, we, children, grassroots, the elder, the poor, minority ethics, mainland "new comer" etc. how do they feel about HK?

and more important: what do we say about hk?

P.S. please don't think that i don't love HK. and all people i mentioned above may love hk as well. yet, not every voice can be expressed or raised out in our "mainstream" society. most of them are forgotten and ignored.