Monday, September 05, 2005

The Family Man

The_family_man_2Switching through the TV channels last Friday night... there was an interesting movie caught my eyes. The name of the movie was "The Family Man" and Nicolas Cage was in it. I really like the story and the scripts. It made me think of my priority in life and my perspective toward relationship and family.







Live a life with no "What if..."



Appreciate how much my parents have given up for me.



A fast-lane investment broker, offered the opportunity to see how the other half lives, wakes up to find that his sports car and girlfriend have become a mini-van and wife.*



- ARNIE**



Look, maybe I’m not as good a consigliere as you are but you have to trust me on this one. A little flirtation’s harmless but you’re playing with fire here. The Fidelity Bank and Trust is a tough creditor. You make a deposit somewhere else, they close your account forever.



- JACK



Look, you’re making this into something it’s not. This isn’t a referendum on our lives, Kate. It’s a step forward... (appealing to her) Don’t you see? I’m talking about us finally having a life other people envy. Silence. Kate looks him in the eye – a deep, piercing look...



- KATE



They already do envy us, Jack... - JACK This is New York City, it’s like the needy people capital of the world. Those Jersey clients of yours aren’t a tenth as pathetic as the ones you could get here...



- JACK (CONT’D)



...the house is a mess, but it’s ours... (chuckling) ...well, after a hundred twenty two more payments it will be...



* Credit to www.imdb.com/title/tt0218967/



** Credit to http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Family-Man,-The.html



No comments: