Friday, October 30, 2009

Techie Tuesday: A Retro Cell Phone Attachment


I finally broke down and bought a BlackBerry. I love that I can easily check my emails on the go, but honestly, I find the brick of a phone that is the Curve 8900 a little cumbersome when it comes to actually talking on it. However, I believe I found a solution: the Yubz Retro Handset.

The handset looks and feels like a landline phone's handset, but plugs directly into my BlackBerry for easy talking (when ordering the handset you indicate what type of mobile phone you have). For people that use internet phone services, like Skype, there is also a USB attachment that plugs directly into your computer.

To test it out, I decided to call my mom since we usually talk for close to an hour when we get a chance to. Not only was it comfortable to use, the sound was great on both ends of the line. I was even able to update my BlackBerry contact list while still talking to my mom (she had to give me a new number for my brother). It's amazing how something so simple can make such a difference.

Posted by WomansDay.com Editors on October 13, 2009 at 11:30 AM in Techie Tuesday | Permalink

No comments: