Sunday, June 15, 2008

10 weeks with Pure yoga

After joining Pure Yoga for 2.5 months in LP, here is my personal review.

Learning atmosphere: Classmates are open and try their best to do the pose. I have made new friends too.

Facility: OK. If sauna and steam room are added, will be nice. However, not sure how often and when do the staff clean the mats. (Myoga staff always clean the mats right after class.)

Timetable: Fine. I wish there are less one hour break in between classes and they should offer class at 8am on Saturday & Sunday.

Instructor: Most of them are very friendly and helpful. My favorite teachers are Ocean, Cinderella, Deva, Claudia, Lisa, Jasmine, Michael L, Serena, Will Lau and Bernadette. ( For those I have not mentioned, it might mean I never take their class or I don't know how to appreciate their teaching style.)

My favorite class: Hatha 1, Hot HR, Ashtanga and Jivamukti

Classes I have not taken yet: Anusara Mixed, Bollywood Fusion, Core, Hot Flow, Indian Dance, Kids Yoga ( I don't think I could qualify for that), Power 3, Prana/Med, Pre-Natal (Again, not yet), Satyananda YogaR Meditation, Pranayama & Yoga Nidra

Progress: I have lost 10 pounds and can do headstand with the wall. Also, I have tried backdrop and handstand with extra help from classmates and instructors.

Receptionists: Helpful. Some of them remember my name.

Overall, I enjoy most of my classes so far and look forward to getting shape before summer.

Let's work hard together, everybody!

No comments: